Well I can now say I am not the best blogger. Sorry for the lousy updates.
I will first brief you on Jakey's 5th birthday. I cannot believe my little guy is 5 years old already. He is can be thoughtful, sweet, energetic, and impulsive all wrapped up in one silly bundle. This year Jeff and I decided to throw him the party of all parties. This time 80 friends and family joined us at the Bowling Alley for three fun-filled hours of food, bowling, chaos, presents, and cake. Jakey loved his party and we are having such a wonderful time watching this little boy grow.
Jakey's year-in-review...
Jakey and his sis enjoyed making mud pies in the backyard. On occasion I was blessed by servings of mud soup I would find stored in the refrigerator.
He has never been much of one to color, but this year Jakey really took to painting. Give that little guy a jar of paint and a brush and he could paint anything: paper, stucco, windows, walls...you just can't hold back our little artist.
Jakey became a big brother for the second time. As soon as his brother was born (another water baby), Jakey ran to his bathtub and grabbed a handful of boats and pirates to share with his new baby. There I was holding minutes old Grant with little pirates and boats floating around us.
This summer Jakey learned how to ride his bike without training wheels. He did amazing. I don't think we have ever had a hard fall on it. He's good!
This September my little guy started preschool. He thoroughly enjoys his friends and teacher. Everyday when I pick him up I bring a snack and he picks which side of the playground he wants to eat at. Then we eat, chat about the day, and play before we go home. I love watching him and hearing about his day and who he played with.
Jakey thinks he has watched Star Wars since his daddy shows him "clips" on youtube. So that was the theme he picked for his 5 year birthday party. Those clips landed him 4 light sabers, numerous figurines, and battleships...all of which he enjoys, but the family favorites are the light sabers. We have family battles.
Santa's little helper he is. Jakey and sis had a wonderful time decorating and redecorating the tree this year. I don't think a day went by that he didn't rearrange all the bulbs on the tree (thank goodness for plastic bulbs). One day I walked up to my room to find my scarf hanging from side to side on my headboard and beautifully decorated with every bulb from our tree. The next day's mission involved help from Sis as they tied floss from the staircase and created a zip-line to then send the bulbs sliding back downstairs. Luckily for all, the ornaments eventually made their way back to the tree in time for Christmas.
Mr. Helpful Mr. Thoughtful:
Jakey is my big helper and has been known to help me entertain brother, sister, unload the dishwasher, unload the dryer, bring dirty clothes downstairs, put away his clean clothes, picks up his blocks, and gets himself dressed every morning.
He is also my thoughtful little guy. If he is getting himself a snack of apple or yogurt and blueberries, or even a sandwich, he almost always makes a serving for his sister or me. It melts my heart every time to see how considerate he is of us.
Well that's a little bit about my Jakey Bear this year. I am excited to see him mature and grow this coming year. It's bitter sweet to watch my baby grow up. I pray everyday for who he will be.
Love you all my friends. I'll try to get some Christmas pictures up soon.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Jakey's Birthday!
Posted by Jen Williams at 2:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment